Sunday 12 May 2013

Making a Coffin - 3D Modelling

Over the past couple of days I've gotten to work on the creation of the 3D scenes that I talked about in my previous post. I've began with a "Gravedigger" themed scene. This is going to include a number of assets such as a spade, coffin, gravestone, a wooden chest, and some small plants, modeled and textured from scratch.

Today I finished modeling and texturing the first of the assets; an old, beaten-up, wooden coffin. It's taken slightly longer than I expected, mostly because of lack of free time and having to battle with software issues (UDK is a moody sod), but it's finally done and I'm pretty happy with it!



I threw together a UDK map and textured it (not my own textures, unfortunately) and imported the asset for this beauty shot. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the finished scene turns out!





No comments:

Post a Comment