Sunday 18 August 2013

Gravedigger Scene Finally Completed

It's finally completed! The Gravedigger scene that I've been working on since I came home from Uni for the Summer in May is finished with a total of 4 3D Models and 5 textures, all made from scratch using Maya, Photoshop and UDK. This has been an ongoing project over the Summer and has seen a lot of stops and starts because of time constraints, distractions, other projects and so on, so I'm glad that I've managed to finish it, even if it did take much longer than I expected.

This purpose of this project, other than to just keep me busy, wasn't necessarily to learn new stuff, but simply to keep me in practice for when I get back to Uni in just over a month's time and keep my mind in a "games design" place. I think that has definitely been the outcome and I'm looking forward to getting back back to Uni and expanding my skills.

Here's some final beauty shots of the scene in UDK. I rearranged the objects in each shot to give good angles and vary it a bit. Unlike the shots of the individual items in previous blog posts, where the grass textures were pre-made, everything in these shots is original and made by me.




No comments:

Post a Comment