Saturday 14 September 2013

Springvale Chem Lab - My 2nd Fallout 3 Mod

It's been almost two months since I uploaded my first ever Fallout 3 mod and it's been much more well received than I ever expected it to be, with over 200 downloads and 4000 views so far. I'm pretty surprised at the stats because it was only a very simple mod without any scripting or associated quest.

I've now started a second mod that WILL involve scripting and a quest that I will write and script from scratch. This is all new to me but I'm definitely getting there bit by bit by watching and rewatching tutorial videos.

In short, the mod will involve a hidden chem lab that the player takes over in the quest. The mod is heavily inspired by Breaking Bad and is going to involve just about as many references to the show that I can think of/get away with, the first of which being the simple retexture of the in-game drug, "Jet", seen below (blue meth anyone?)

Not much in the way of screen shots so far but here's what I've got!


Entrance to the Chem Lab

Retextured Jet

No comments:

Post a Comment