Wednesday 30 October 2013

Underwater Environment Art Finished

Today I finished my Underwater environment concept art piece that I mentioned in my last post. It's a lot more detailed than the work-in-progress version and has taken me roughly 8-10 hours to finish. It's my first ever finished Photoshop concept art (which is shameful seeing as I'm in my 2nd year as a Games student) so I'm pretty happy with it and I think now that I've done one, the idea doesn't seem quite as intimidating. I'll definitely be doing more in the future.

Here's the previous version that I posted recently, for reference.



A lot of changes have been made in the final version, here's a quick list:
  • Added plantlife and fish/animals (including sharks!)
  • Added highlights in areas where the light is hitting the landscape
  • Increased the intensity of the blue overlay to give more of an underwater effect
  • Tilted the ship very slightly


Here's the final version:

No comments:

Post a Comment